By Martin Haspelmath
The sequence builds an in depth number of prime quality descriptions of languages all over the world. each one quantity bargains a finished grammatical description of a unmarried language including totally analyzed pattern texts and, if applicable, a glossary and different correct details that is to be had at the language in query. There are not any regulations as to language kinfolk or zone, and even though detailed cognizance is paid to hitherto undescribed languages, new and useful remedies of higher identified languages also are integrated. No theoretical version is imposed at the authors; the one criterion is a excessive regular of clinical caliber.
Read Online or Download A Grammar of Lezgian PDF
Best foreign language dictionaries & thesauruses books
The purpose of this booklet is to supply the coed of eastern with an easy approach for correlating the writing and the which means of eastern characters in the sort of manner as to lead them to either effortless to recollect. it's meant not just for the newbie, but additionally for the extra complex pupil trying to find a few aid from the consistent frustration of the way to jot down the kanji and a few approach to systematize what she or he already is familiar with.
This award-winning grammar path ebook offers the basis for linguistic classes and initiatives on translation, contrastive linguistics, stylistics, examining and discourse stories. available and reader-friendly all through, key positive factors contain: chapters divided into modules of class-length fabrics every one new proposal in actual fact defined and highlighted genuine texts from quite a lot of assets, either spoken and written, to demonstrate grammatical utilization transparent bankruptcy and module summaries permitting effective classification instruction and pupil revision.
The sequence is a platform for contributions of all types to this speedily constructing box. common difficulties are studied from the viewpoint of person languages, language households, language teams, or language samples. Conclusions are the results of a deepened research of empirical information. targeted emphasis is given to little-known languages, whose research may perhaps shed new gentle on long-standing difficulties normally linguistics.
- Agreement, Pronominal Clitics and Negation in Tamazight Berber: A Unified Analysis
- Language and Scottish Literature
- Remembering the Kanji I: A Complete Course on How Not to Forget the Meaning and Writing of Japanese Characters
- Spoken Arabic: Saudi
Additional info for A Grammar of Lezgian
2. Lezgian dialects 21 alects, e. g. the Fij dialect (Mejlanova 1964:386-394, Abdul2amalov 1965), the Ceper (DZaba) dialect (Ganieva 1972a, b, 1981, 1983, 1985), the Quruä dialect (Mejlanova 1964:395-399), the Gilig dialect (Mejlanova 1964:353-358), and the Gelxen dialect (Mejlanova 1964:358-365). 2. 1. Phonology. The vowel inventory: Besides the vowels of the standard language, several dialects (especially of the Axceh dialect group) have the high back unrounded vowel /i/. In these dialects, the relation between Λ/ and /u/ is similar to the relation between /i/ and /y/ in the standard language (cf.
2. Another alternation resulting from Post-tonic Vowel Syncope is that between -ar and -r in the plural (cf. ). In Uslar (1896), the /a/ is still present in these cases. (41) Absolutive balk'dn-ar dide-jar Ergative (Uslar) balk'dn-r-i dide-jr-i < < balk'dn-ar-i didi-jar-i 'horses' 'mothers' The /u/ of the plural substantivizer -bur is preserved in the spelling but not generally in the pronunciation, which leads to spelling variations, especially in older texts. 194 Download Date | 9/17/13 4:46 PM 40 4.
A Grammar of Lezgian by Martin Haspelmath